The Church and the old Curro

A Igrexa e o curro vello

Before the old Curro was built, the horses had their manes cut to the side of the church, which was the cause of great nuisance. It was the parish priest Felipe Carabeo who sought the authorisation of the Archbishop of Santiago in 1778 to build a dedicated arena (the ‘Curro’). In 1779, the first ‘Rapa’ took place in the old Curro, which remained in service for almost 220 years.

® Rapa das Bestas - 2017